(This story was first published at freep.com.)
An 11th fight has been added to UFC 218, which takes place Dec. 2 at Little Caesars Arena in Detroit.
Iaquinta (13–3–1 MMA, 8-2 UFC) is coming off a first-round knockout win vs. Diego Sanchez in April. He has won his five most recent UFC fights and has a 9-2 record in UFC-sanctioned fights. The 30-year-old fighter hails from Garden City, New York.
Felder (14-3 MMA, 6-3 UFC), known as “The Irish Dragon,” enters with a 14-3 record, including a recent knockout win in the first round against Stevie Ray in July. The 33-year-old Philadelphia native is 6-3 in UFC fights.
UFC 218 is the first MMA event for theLittle Caesars Arena, but it’s not the first time a UFC fight has originated from the area. “The Motor City” hosted UFC 9 on May 17, 1996, at Cobo Arena, while the Palace of Auburn Hills hosted UFC 123 on Nov. 20, 2010.
With the addition to the card, UFC 218 now includes:
- Champ Max Holloway vs. Frankie Edgar – for featherweight title
- Francis Ngannou vs. Alistair Overeem
- Eddie Alvarez vs. Justin Gaethje
- Henry Cejudo vs. Sergio Pettis
- Paul Felder vs. Al Iaquinta
- Drakkar Klose vs. David Teymur
- Cortney Casey vs. Felice Herrig
- Yancy Medeiros vs. Alex Oliveira
- Razak Al-Hassan vs. Sabah Homasi
- Amanda Cooper vs. Angela Magana
- Jeremy Kimball vs. Dominick Reyes
For more on UFC 218, check out the UFC Rumors section of the site.